Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Just ordered the new TMI Full Length Center Console. Can't wait! Looks gorgeous!

17K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  sr1032 
#1 ·
I searched and couldn't find any posts on this. But I just ordered a TMI Full Length Center Console.

I am told there is a 4 week lead time. I will make sure to take some good pictures to show everyone. I am thinking I will hide my new fuse box for my rewire in the console too. I might try to make a door in the side of the console that goes under the dash so I can get easy access to the fuses.

See less See more
#4 ·
I dont plan on it ;)

I was looking at the size of the fuse box, made a cardboard template, and try to find where I would stuff it under the dash and I wasnt sure where it would fit. Might be because there is so much crappy excess wiring in there.

Maybe I wont need to.

#7 ·
Well it came SO much earlier than quoted. Yay for surprises. It is a fairly nice unit. Im not sure about how durable it will be over the years. It already came with an issue. There are wood pieces glued underneath that the upholstery is stapled to. One of the wood pieces is already unglued. Also there were some minor quality issues like the cutting of the black box in the arm rest. Here are a bunch of pics:

#28 ·
Good Morning - and thank both for your purchase - and for posting up pictures and your opinion on the piece here on the forum so every one can take a gander. As for the wood piece that is coming unglued - I agree with those above, that is not something you should have to fix! If you would like to send me an email with some quick pictures of the defective area, I can have the console picked up and brought back here to fix the issue! Just let me know if you would like to go this route - you can contact me directly, or call CJ's to get the return process rolling. I look forward to seeing pictures of it installed in your wifes car!

#8 ·
I would get some 5-minute epoxy on all those loose areas and glue them down... Just a suggestion...

#23 ·
you can reglue with FLAMMABLE contact adhesive or 3m spray can rubberized glue both avail at home depot and lowes etc..

the epa prohibits them nd ALL businesses from using glue that will actually glue anything. only a private party can use real glue.
Thats a warranty issue, I wouldn't touch it,..............when I pay full price, I don't expect to haveta put up with any short comings. :thumbsdown:

#12 ·
+1 on this. Is that plywood?

I was debating between this TCI console, since I want the Sport R seats or the MTF one. They are so expensive, I just figured it was a bit....higher quality.

G
#10 · (Edited)
you can reglue with FLAMMABLE contact adhesive or 3m spray can rubberized glue both avail at home depot and lowes etc..

the epa prohibits them nd ALL businesses from using glue that will actually glue anything. only a private party can use real glue.

#11 ·
Looks decent and I like the cup holders but I still like the original designs. I do think the console would be a great location for fusebox if you are installing a new harness or adding an aux fuse panel. I hate laying on my back to get access to the fuse box. In the console or the glovebox would be ideal locations I would think. I would not attempt to relocate the factory fusebox though.

#15 ·
Question about TMI center console

Hello Guys,

I live in the Netherlands and this is for me the first time on VMF, i have a question about installing this TMI center console (TMI center console with chrome trim full length sport R without A/C coupe/ fastback 65-66) ! Can someone Help me?
question:
I have an automatic shifter but i watched the video from CJ Pony Parts where they install the console but that was a 3-speed shifter, something is not really clear to me, must you remove the shifter lever from the shifter assembly or do you only have to remove the shifter handle and slide the center console over the shifter lever??Sorry for my bad english, i come from the Netherlands so i hope you understand me!!!! Thanks!!

best regards

#18 ·
Hello Guys,

I live in the Netherlands and this is for me the first time on VMF, i have a question about installing this TMI center console (TMI center console with chrome trim full length sport R without A/C coupe/ fastback 65-66) ! Can someone Help me?
question:
I have an automatic shifter but i watched the video from CJ Pony Parts where they install the console but that was a 3-speed shifter, something is not really clear to me, must you remove the shifter lever from the shifter assembly or do you only have to remove the shifter handle and slide the center console over the shifter lever??Sorry for my bad english, i come from the Netherlands so i hope you understand me!!!! Thanks!!

best regards
You should not have to remove the shifter level. All you would need to do is remove the shifter handle and the ring/trim that attaches to the floor.

#31 ·
Woudda been so much easier for them to just ignore this thread and hope you fix it yourself. :thumbsup:

#43 ·
Thank you, that is owned by our Marketing Director, Larry Ashley.

Is that console made of.... velour?
Nope - suede - just looks velour w/ the flash!

I have one of these sitting in the garage. I'm planning on removing the front cubby hole and doing a custom gauge and stereo install.
I look forward to seeing photos of that! We purposely left the front section the exact size as a double din stereo for just that reason!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.