Just ordered the new TMI Full Length Center Console. Can't wait! Looks gorgeous! - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Just ordered the new TMI Full Length Center Console. Can't wait! Looks gorgeous!

I searched and couldn't find any posts on this. But I just ordered a TMI Full Length Center Console.

I am told there is a 4 week lead time. I will make sure to take some good pictures to show everyone. I am thinking I will hide my new fuse box for my rewire in the console too. I might try to make a door in the side of the console that goes under the dash so I can get easy access to the fuses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 PM

Interesting. Why would you put the fuse box in the console? Planning on blowing a lotta fuses?

Amateur restorer. Well, sometimes I have been paid for it. But not right now.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 06:13 PM

I have seen those, I want one, but have bigger issues first. Can't wait to see your pictures!

-Brett
1968 fastback 351w
1986 Iroc-Z

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22GT View Post
Interesting. Why would you put the fuse box in the console? Planning on blowing a lotta fuses?
I dont plan on it

I was looking at the size of the fuse box, made a cardboard template, and try to find where I would stuff it under the dash and I wasnt sure where it would fit. Might be because there is so much crappy excess wiring in there.

Maybe I wont need to.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxs View Post
I searched and couldn't find any posts on this. But I just ordered a TMI Full Length Center Console.

I am told there is a 4 week lead time. I will make sure to take some good pictures to show everyone. I am thinking I will hide my new fuse box for my rewire in the console too. I might try to make a door in the side of the console that goes under the dash so I can get easy access to the fuses.
what company did you order through? I was thinking of getting one myself...what color did you order?
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt7fastback View Post
what company did you order through? I was thinking of getting one myself...what color did you order?
CJ Pony Parts which was a LOT less expensive than the manufacture- even direct when I called them. It was $449 and I used a 5% off coupon.

Last edited by shaxs; 09-09-2013 at 11:30 AM.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Well it came SO much earlier than quoted. Yay for surprises. It is a fairly nice unit. Im not sure about how durable it will be over the years. It already came with an issue. There are wood pieces glued underneath that the upholstery is stapled to. One of the wood pieces is already unglued. Also there were some minor quality issues like the cutting of the black box in the arm rest. Here are a bunch of pics:

post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 01:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
I would get some 5-minute epoxy on all those loose areas and glue them down... Just a suggestion...

Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:41 AM

IMO it's pretty pricey for what you are getting. Should be around 295.00 tops.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:45 AM
barnett468

you can reglue with FLAMMABLE contact adhesive or 3m spray can rubberized glue both avail at home depot and lowes etc..

the epa prohibits them nd ALL businesses from using glue that will actually glue anything. only a private party can use real glue.

Last edited by barnett468; 09-13-2013 at 06:48 AM.
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:53 AM

Looks decent and I like the cup holders but I still like the original designs. I do think the console would be a great location for fusebox if you are installing a new harness or adding an aux fuse panel. I hate laying on my back to get access to the fuse box. In the console or the glovebox would be ideal locations I would think. I would not attempt to relocate the factory fusebox though.
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangstofear View Post
+1 on this. Is that plywood?

I was debating between this TCI console, since I want the Sport R seats or the MTF one. They are so expensive, I just figured it was a bit....higher quality.

-Brett
1968 fastback 351w
1986 Iroc-Z
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 12:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Avidflyer
I sent you a private message. Requesting the width and depth of that forward piece. Wondering if its possible to modify that cubby to mount a stereo in there.
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangstofear View Post

I have seen the MTF consoles and even though they cost more they are way better quality for those that are on the fence about where to shop. Rich will do whatever you need to make it personal for your car.

Mustangs to Fear

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps563b40b4.jpg

Front 235/45/17 tire on a 17x8 rim. 4.75 BS
Rear 275/40/17 tire on a 17x9.5 rim 5.0 BS
The rear end is narrowed 1 inch on each side so for a stock mustang that would be 6.0 BS in the rear.

Mustangs to Fear interior.
New 410 Stroked Windsor from DSS Racing
Top Loader 4 Speed
New Currie 9 inch Tru Trac 3.25 rear.
Anything is for sale including this car.
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 02:25 PM

Question about TMI center console

Hello Guys,

I live in the Netherlands and this is for me the first time on VMF, i have a question about installing this TMI center console (TMI center console with chrome trim full length sport R without A/C coupe/ fastback 65-66) ! Can someone Help me?
question:
I have an automatic shifter but i watched the video from CJ Pony Parts where they install the console but that was a 3-speed shifter, something is not really clear to me, must you remove the shifter lever from the shifter assembly or do you only have to remove the shifter handle and slide the center console over the shifter lever??Sorry for my bad english, i come from the Netherlands so i hope you understand me! Thanks!!

best regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page