Knotts Berry Farm, Fab Ford show 2016 - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 7Likes

post #31 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 12:36 PM

Garage
There are a handful of folks from NorCal that are caravanning down Friday morning and spending the weekend. Generally the SF Bay area folks stage in Gilroy no later than 7:00 a.m. and then head over Pacheco Pass to I-5. We hook up with the Central Valley folks at the Mercy Springs Road Rest Stop and then head south around 8:00 a.m.. Two scheduled gas stops along the way with lunch at the base of the Grapevine. Most stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Beach Blvd with dinner and drinks Friday night at the Outback where we hook up with the SoCal locals and the out of town folks who fly in for the weekend. Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach at zero dark thirty Saturday morning, free time with a cruise and dinner Saturday night in the area. Sunday is the show and for those staying over Sunday night, another group dinner is typical.

If anyone wants to join in for any or all of the foregoing, the planning effort is based over on StangFix. Here's the link to the thread: http://www.stangfix.com/threads/knot...ow-open.23164/

Look forward to seeing everyone again this year. The more the merrier.

url]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/jefftepper/IMG_0027_edited-1.jpg[/url]

*Principal wrench on this 69 Mach I*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTepper View Post
There are a handful of folks from NorCal that are caravanning down Friday morning and spending the weekend. Generally the SF Bay area folks stage in Gilroy no later than 7:00 a.m. and then head over Pacheco Pass to I-5. We hook up with the Central Valley folks at the Mercy Springs Road Rest Stop and then head south around 8:00 a.m.. Two scheduled gas stops along the way with lunch at the base of the Grapevine. Most stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Beach Blvd with dinner and drinks Friday night at the Outback where we hook up with the SoCal locals and the out of town folks who fly in for the weekend. Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach at zero dark thirty Saturday morning, free time with a cruise and dinner Saturday night in the area. Sunday is the show and for those staying over Sunday night, another group dinner is typical.

If anyone wants to join in for any or all of the foregoing, the planning effort is based over on StangFix. Here's the link to the thread: Knotts 2016...registration now open | StangFix.com

I will try to take part in more of this stuff this year...

wonder if you could do donuts AND cars and Coffee Aliso Viejo in the same morning....

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/signaturepics/sigpic36164_8.gif

Current ride -1965 Mustang 'A' Code Fastback. Silver blue metallic. Med Blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #144941

Not forgotten 1996 Mustang GT

Last edited by dkutz; 02-03-2016 at 02:44 PM.
post #33 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 07:43 PM

Garage
IIRC Donut Derelicts is generally over by 8:00 a.m. What time is the Aliso Viejo event?

url]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/jefftepper/IMG_0027_edited-1.jpg[/url]

*Principal wrench on this 69 Mach I*

post #34 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
IIRC Donut Derelicts is generally over by 8:00 a.m. What time is the Aliso Viejo event?
7-9... Leave early from one arrive late to the other...

Current ride -1965 Mustang 'A' Code Fastback. Silver blue metallic. Med Blue int. Auto, San Jose, 10/8/64 #144941

post #35 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:

If anyone wants to join in for any or all of the foregoing, the planning effort is based over on StangFix. Here's the link to the thread: Knotts 2016...registration now open | StangFix.com

Just booked my room at the Marriott. Is there a special rate for the Knotts show? I paid $127 for Friday and $135 for Saturday plus taxes.

]

"A good friend will help you move. A great friend will help you move a dead body"

September 2017 Mustang Monthly cover car
1965 A-Code Fastback
Built, September 14, 1964 (San Jose)
Viper red, White/red interior
TCP R&P, G Bar rear 4 link/w shockwaves
Global West Upper/Lower/Strut Rods
Ride-Tech Air ride
4 wheel Cobra disc brakes/Hydroboost
363 Stroker/Paxton Supercharger
Mass-Flo EFI
Owned since 1983
post #36 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 01:13 AM

That's cheap for the Marriott! Cheapest I saw it at was $146/night last week, so I booked the Knotts Hotel instead. There's a discount rate for the Knotts Hotel but I don't believe I've ever seen one for the Marriott.

Calamity Jane 1966 Modified Fastback - Driven semi-daily!
Wrecked and rebuilt even better
289 v8, 4-speed, 3.25 9" rear, goodies and stuff.

See my travel blog here for my adventures: http://mapandamustang.blogspot.com/
Over 50,000 miles of North American roads driven on road trips since 2014. More always in the works - stay tuned!

When I show up at a car show and my car is covered in mud, it's probably because I drove 2000 miles to get there
post #37 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_H View Post
That's cheap for the Marriott! Cheapest I saw it at was $146/night last week, so I booked the Knotts Hotel instead. There's a discount rate for the Knotts Hotel but I don't believe I've ever seen one for the Marriott.
How much was the Knotts Hotel Kel? I stayed there last year.

]

"A good friend will help you move. A great friend will help you move a dead body"

September 2017 Mustang Monthly cover car
1965 A-Code Fastback
Built, September 14, 1964 (San Jose)
Viper red, White/red interior
TCP R&P, G Bar rear 4 link/w shockwaves
Global West Upper/Lower/Strut Rods
Ride-Tech Air ride
4 wheel Cobra disc brakes/Hydroboost
363 Stroker/Paxton Supercharger
Mass-Flo EFI
Owned since 1983
post #38 of 85 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 10:02 AM

I got it through Expedia at $112/night and that's without the FFF discount applied. I need to call the hotel and ask if they will apply the FFF discount to an expedia booking.

It looks like the FFF discount is around $17/night - just went to the site and applying the discount reduced the rate from $129/night to $112/night.

Over 50,000 miles of North American roads driven on road trips since 2014. More always in the works - stay tuned!

When I show up at a car show and my car is covered in mud, it's probably because I drove 2000 miles to get there
post #39 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 12:19 AM

I just registered. Never been to this show before, but it looks like it will be a good time. I'll be driving up from the San Diego area.
dkutz and happystang like this.

'66 Emberglo Coupe
Modifications:
5.0 EFI conversion
TwEECer EFI tuning
T56 6-speed
Rod & Custom Motorsports IFS
TCP subframe connectors
Vintage Air Heat & AC

'99 Black Cobra - Daily driver
post #40 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 08:18 AM

My registration just arrived yesterday. Looks my next few weekends will be spent doing the detail/clay bar thing and getting ready for our annual trek.

Currently in my garage:
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe. 289 V8 w/5-speed. (weekend toy)
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 w/mods (weekend toy)
1998 Ford Ranger Supercab Flareside 4X4 (daily driver)
2010 Mercury Grand Marquis. X-pipe, true dual exhaust, CAI kit. (wife's car)
For the last time, there is no such thing as a VIN number....quit saying that!
post #41 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

The show is THIS WEEKEND So excited. Weather should be great and the show is SOLD OUT!! 1800 cars...(I think) See you all there!!

post #42 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Anyone here that is coming from NorCal that might want to meet up with the Stangfix guys and gals coming down from the north?

post #43 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 11:58 PM

For reference for those who may be interested in cruising down from the Bay Area:

Quote:
Friday morning: cruise in for those from NorCal (Apr 15th):

Central Valley folks make your plans.

Rallying point is the Rest Area (first one south of Hwy 152 Los Banos) southbound side I-5 at 8am sharp. The NorCal group will be heading south in order to get to LaLaLand before the afternoon traffic. Same gas stop at Kettleman City, (exit Hwy 41 east) next to In-N-Out Burger and gas/lunch stop at the bottom of the Grapevine (exit Wheeler Ridge Rd/ Lavall Rd, right on Dennis McCarthy Dr) rally at the large US Flagpole on left before we leave there.

post #44 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

This show is officially SOLD OUT!! Over 1800 FORDS in one parking lot. I can not wait!! Anyone else from here going? Either bringing a car or spectator?

post #45 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkutz View Post
The show is THIS WEEKEND So excited. Weather should be great and the show is SOLD OUT!! 1800 cars...(I think) See you all there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkutz View Post
This show is officially SOLD OUT!! Over 1800 FORDS in one parking lot. I can not wait!! Anyone else from here going? Either bringing a car or spectator?
Think you might need to calm down You'll give yourself a heart attack before you even get there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page