Friend's 66 Fastback - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Friend's 66 Fastback

I'm in the final phase of completing my 67 S Code Fastback. So I've been talking about my project with any car folks who will listen.

A co-worker has been wanting a fastback for years and finally bought one last summer. I've been promising to stop by and scope it out since he bought it. He lives a good distance from me which played a part in not getting there sooner.

He was buying a non-running project car for a restoration; something he's never done. I cautioned him about the expense of buying a rust bucket especially if you lack time, tools and talent. This guys a quick learner and is smart; so he's partially there anyhow. Plus, he has suitable garage space to work on his project.

So he tells me that he paid about 14 grand for it and I kind of gasp at the price. It was hauled home on a trailer in pieces but everything was there according to him.

I finally got over there today and scoped out this 66 FB. Although it was in pieces, it was a 99% solid car. I'm talking body, undercarriage, frame rails trunk, doors, glass, etc......simply no rust at all. The only thing I could find was minor body damage at the left rear quarter that was previously repaired.

The car was a GT with AC, pony interior and everything was there. A good paint stripping, priming and blocking and he's in the house.

Although everything needs to be restored, I still think he got a pretty good deal; even at 14 grand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 08:38 AM

Got pics? Get him on here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page