Looking for vintage Mustang mechanic in Seattle area - Page 2 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 3Likes

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 06:03 PM

A bit wordy, but here goes:

Mechanical:

Brad's Custom Auto in north Seattle has done extensive mechanical work on all 3 of our Mustangs. I would recommend them before anyone else. They have an in-shop dyno and can do just about anything. If you call them, tell them Sparky says hi. ;-)

Marysville Speed can be a bit pricey, but I've not heard any complaints about their work. They are about 3 blocks from my house, and the owner is my good friend's nephew lol. As per their name, they specialize in hot rods/race cars. They have an in-shop dyno as well.

Bel-Kirk did the suspension on my '66 many moons ago. I've heard iffy things, but nothing horrible.

Paint/resto:
Another friend, Scott Robinson, owns Northwest Pony Shoppe out in Snohomish. He did my '66. He's mostly retired, but chock full of information. He'll be at the swap meet in Monroe this weekend, as will I...I'm in building 400, space 56. Scott usually is against the fence along Highway 2.

Randy Sargent is a great painter/restorer, and charges accordingly. He replaced the cowl on my '66 in 2009, and the seat pans 2 years ago (long story). Very easy to work with, and not flaky as a lot of painters can be.

The good friend I speak of above is Neil Knutson. He's an ex Ford mechanic and known locally as the "Four-eyed guy" as he specializes in '79-'86 Mustangs and Capris. He goes to Scott's to help him out with mechanical stuff all the time. (And our shop, as we share a lawn with his house lol).

DO NOT, under any circumstances, go to a certain Mustang shop in Auburn. PM for details...but I wouldn't send my worst enemy there.

1966 Restomod/track car, 1973 Q-code Mach 1, 1997 F250 diesel, 2000 VW Beetle Rallycross car, 2010 Crown Vic (ex-City of Lakewood PD), 2015 Focus ST-2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 07:09 PM

Can vouch for Neil. He fixed my autolite 1100 when no one else could.
Sparky66 likes this.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
A bit wordy, but here goes:

Mechanical:

Brad's Custom Auto in north Seattle has done extensive mechanical work on all 3 of our Mustangs. I would recommend them before anyone else. They have an in-shop dyno and can do just about anything. If you call them, tell them Sparky says hi. ;-)

Marysville Speed can be a bit pricey, but I've not heard any complaints about their work. They are about 3 blocks from my house, and the owner is my good friend's nephew lol. As per their name, they specialize in hot rods/race cars. They have an in-shop dyno as well.

Bel-Kirk did the suspension on my '66 many moons ago. I've heard iffy things, but nothing horrible.

Paint/resto:
Another friend, Scott Robinson, owns Northwest Pony Shoppe out in Snohomish. He did my '66. He's mostly retired, but chock full of information. He'll be at the swap meet in Monroe this weekend, as will I...I'm in building 400, space 56. Scott usually is against the fence along Highway 2.

Randy Sargent is a great painter/restorer, and charges accordingly. He replaced the cowl on my '66 in 2009, and the seat pans 2 years ago (long story). Very easy to work with, and not flaky as a lot of painters can be.

The good friend I speak of above is Neil Knutson. He's an ex Ford mechanic and known locally as the "Four-eyed guy" as he specializes in '79-'86 Mustangs and Capris. He goes to Scott's to help him out with mechanical stuff all the time. (And our shop, as we share a lawn with his house lol).

DO NOT, under any circumstances, go to a certain Mustang shop in Auburn. PM for details...but I wouldn't send my worst enemy there.
Great info, Sparky66,

I called Brad's for work on my C-4, but they were very honest that they would sub it out to Trans Service in Lynnwood, so I went there directly. Seemed very nice on the phone and pretty close to where I live. I will look in to the other shops you mentioned as well and stay away form "The Shop in Auburn"

Thanks for your input!
Sparky66 likes this.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 02:10 AM

Thanks for the contacts! I am in the planning stage of this project so now I just need to decide which AOD to buy!

Red '66 Coupe, mostly stock
289 w/ Comp Cams Nostalgia+ 271 hydraulic cam
C4 auto, 3.00 rear gears
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 02:08 AM

Sparky66, thanks for all the info. I know Scott Robinson very well and he has done lots of work on my car. I am in Bothell so I may look into Trans Service in Lynnwood. I also have what I think is a rear main seal leak but I need to make sure it's not coming from somewhere else. Would Brad's Custom Auto or the Four-eyed-guy be good contacts for that? I just need my oil leaks to stop!

C4 auto, 3.00 rear gears
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Supporting Vendor

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 12:24 AM

FYI- I went with Bill at George's Transmission in Seattle. 70th & Aurora. He built me a strong AOD that barks the tires in 2nd and shifts perfectly. Highly Recommended!!
Sparky66 likes this.

C4 auto, 3.00 rear gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page