Not Enough Adjustment In Upper Control Arms - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 18Likes

post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duoz View Post
The whole suspension is brand new. Literally everything. It has about 40 miles on it. I will look into those parts I eventually wanted to upgrade anyway.
New member here and just followed down this thread. I know it's been 2.5 years but what was the final outcome?

Nate D.

WIP - 65 FB T-code:
331 (302 Mexico block) with main girdle
Canfield 192 heads Pro Magnum roller rockers
Comp Cams retro roller 224/230 112
Torker 289 Single Plane w/ Holley 600 DP
Hooker long tube headers
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Toploader 4-speed WR
Front disc KH 4 piston
Rear 1958 Edsel 9" w/ 3.50 traction loc
Shelby mods for track use.
Acapulco Blue w/ Wimbledon White stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duoz View Post
I don't have it with me at the moment. I can post that later. I don't have any shims in the upper arms. They are bolted right to the tower. I want to run specs from opentracker, but they could not be achieved with the current set up. I don't know if they are cheap reproduction arms or if something else it wrong. All the supports and cross bars in the engine compartment fit perfect so I don't think something is bent.
Interesting. I have stock arms (15 years old) and I have shims under the arms. If I remember right, I was running +5 caster and -1 camber my first year at the track. I remember one bolt was tight to the frame and the other had shims.

66 coupe, '93 Fox seats, Three point belts, 289, Edelbrock, Weiand, JBA tri-y's, 2" duel exhaust (H-pipe), T5 trans(3.35), Pro 5.0 shifter, 3.40 open, KH front disc, Porterfield R4-S pads, 1" front sway bar, Shelby drop, Spring perch relocation, Shelby quick steer, GT progressive coils (1/2 coil cut), 4.5 leaf mid-eye, Bilstein street shocks, Export brace, Monti-Carlo bar, Sub-frame connectors, Performance alignment (+3.5 caster/-.5 camber), 16x7 wheels, 215/55/16 & 225/55/16 BFG G-force

Brad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page