We Do Not, Have Not and Never Will! - Vintage Mustang Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

We Do Not, Have Not and Never Will!

Right now I'm still a little fumed over what happened today. It's been 6 hours, so I've calmed down a little. What's it all about, I'll tell you.
We had a customer right here in the Phoenix area call us and want to know who is restoring our wheels for us. He had called another shop that advertises on ebay and they had told him ever since Dave had come down with MS, all our wheels are sent to other shops to get done and there was no telling who was going to restore his wheel. That was why it takes us 5 weeks to get a wheel restored and back to a customer. When I pressed for a name all he would say was it was another shop that advertises a lot on ebay.
I just want everyone to know that the reason it takes you 5 weeks to get your wheel back is because we are so busy. When you have the reputation we have for getting you the best product available, people are willing to wait their turn. Granted, Dave is sick with MS and doesn't build every steering wheel that comes in but he is well enough to do the woodgrain on every wheel and make sure since it has our name on it, it's as nice as it's going to get before it leaves the shop. I've worked for Dave for over 15 years and even married his youngest daughter. He has taught me and his Son Matt everything there is to know about restoring these steering wheels and granted, we don't do the woodgrain as nice as he does, but nobody does. I hope we never have to do without his talent.
So if your the shop that told a customer that we are sending our wheels out to be restored. Why would you lie like that or who told you that. Dave may be sick but he's still big and strong enough to hurt me if I even suggested we do something like that. Our wheels are still the best out there, I guarantee and challenge anyone to prove me wrong.
Nate 'at'
The Rimblow Buddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 07:01 PM

never mind

Last edited by GT350R Klone; 03-20-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: didn't add any value
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
Your Cheerios had a rather nasty taste to them this morning did they?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 08:15 PM

My work filters flagged Rimblow Buddy. True story.

68' Coupe. Toyota 2JZ. Build thread HERE
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 PM

no idea what he said
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 AM

Somebody started a rumor that they are farming out their work. He is refuting that. I understood.

Rumors are bad. I've been in motorsports long enough to know that relationships between shops and vendors can be tenuous and chaotic. Sometimes rumors like this get spread around. Motivations for spreading these rumors can be across the board. I've seen a lot of treachery and betrayal. It's not easy being a shop.

Maybe a youtube video showing some of what goes into restoring a wheel would be helpful. Youtube is becoming a great tool for shops to show what goes on behind the scenes. It helps the customer understand what they're paying for.

I definitely advise not pursuing the person responsible and/or getting into an internet/public dispute with them. That's always ugly. Nobody comes out looking good. Focus on getting the truth out, it will speak for itself without getting into squabbles with other shops.

1965 Mustang

Last edited by jdub; 03-21-2012 at 11:54 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Just some guy
Supporting Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau M View Post
My work filters flagged Rimblow Buddy. True story.
I stared at that first sentence for like 30 seconds before it clicked. There's a couple of levels of wrong going on there.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 PM

True story... What's Onvertible?

67 ONVERTIBLE TOP SWITCHES - The Rimblow Buddy
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
Somebody started a rumor that they are farming out their work. He is refuting that. I understood.

Rumors are bad. I've been in motorsports long enough to know that relationships between shops and vendors can be tenuous and chaotic. Sometimes rumors like this get spread around. Motivations for spreading these rumors can be across the board. I've seen a lot of treachery and betrayal. It's not easy being a shop.

Maybe a youtube video showing some of what goes into restoring a wheel would be helpful. Youtube is becoming a great tool for shops to show what goes on behind the scenes. It helps the customer understand what they're paying for.

I definitely advise not pursuing the person responsible and/or getting into an internet/public dispute with them. That's always ugly. Nobody comes out looking good. Focus on getting the truth out, it will speak for itself without getting into squabbles with other shops.
JDUB
I guess if I wasn't a young hothead and protective of Dave Prine and all he did with his business before he came down with MS, I could think things out logically and know better than to make a post like this on a site were it just invites negativity one way or another. JDUB you seem like a very smart man and that's exactly what I was trying to do. Squash a rumor that The Rimblow Buddy farms out their steering wheels to be restored. You are right also that it would be a good idea to do a youtube video. I think when things slow down a little we will do exactly that. Again, if I hurt anyone's feelings, that wasn't my intent. Seems like every time I post anything on here lately, even if it's good, it gets turned around on me. I've met a couple really good guys on here and some that I'm sure are a lot smarter than me. I think I'll run all my posts through them before I throw out anything anymore. Please consider this matter closed. Thanks, Nathan Brooks, at "The Rimblow Buddy"
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozshey View Post
True story... What's Onvertible?

67 ONVERTIBLE TOP SWITCHES - The Rimblow Buddy
Thank you Boozshey for pointing out the mistake on the web-site. I guess after listing over 500 parts the web-site builders were bound to make a mistake or 3. Please let us know about them, even in a funny way like this, we now can fix the problem (and have) and we now know at least someone is looking at the new web-site. There have been numerous problems with the new site. One of the big ones was the shipping costs. Please guys, check out what we have listed and give us a chance to beat any ones and every ones prices. Most the prices were put on by the web-site builders who didn't even know what a drive shaft was. We have been so busy with the steering wheels and taxes that we haven't even had a chance to address the new web-site problems and there are so many of them. Thanks again for finding them.
Nate at
The Rimblow Buddy
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 10:23 AM

I feel your pain. 25 years ago I owned my own bodyshop. I never spoke negatively of other shops, but the things I heard spoke about me were unreal. Even shops that had me come by and help them out when they were in a bind or didn't have the skills required for what needed to be done.
I was so glad to walk away from that crowd of rednecks I though were my friends.

1966 GT Fastback, restoration almost there! Code T Red with White LeMans stripes.
2015 GT Fastback - Deep Impact Blue
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsGT View Post
I feel your pain. 25 years ago I owned my own bodyshop. I never spoke negatively of other shops, but the things I heard spoke about me were unreal. Even shops that had me come by and help them out when they were in a bind or didn't have the skills required for what needed to be done.
I was so glad to walk away from that crowd of rednecks I though were my friends.
Thanks Scott, you're right, it's has to be a pain to run a business and I only work here. I'm just trying to protect what little income I do have coming in to feed my family and try to do whatever it takes to help Dave and Pam out.
I just wish they would hurry up and release the drugs that will cure MS, MD and cancer and whatever anybody is going through. I know there has to be a cure. With all the millions that has gone into trying to find cures, there has got to be something. I'm told if they find a cure for cancer that the job loss and income from research would be worse than the disease itself. Seriously, what was the last real cure found for anything, Polio? Now I'm going off on something else. Sorry guys. Keep it to Mustangs, Nate.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 07:03 AM

Going to school, worked part time in a Body shop. No longer in business(Land was worth more than a body shop) but name of shop was York Auto Body(on York Rd) Someone coined the name "York Auto Bondo" and it stuck! But it didn't erase his status as State Farm Preferred shop and he had more work so as to give this guy a job. After work one SatAfternoon, nursing a "few" brews we started making up new slogans in jest!"someone" came up with "you smash em, we HASH 'EM!" Owner said NOT to let that one "get out" lol! But it is true, 'idle lips sink ships!' WWII slogan

Last edited by yelostang; 03-26-2012 at 07:07 AM.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM

Garage
if hes farming it out so what so long as it gets done right and pricing dont get higher
b/c of it.

if hes got a connection so let it be. dont matter to me none

imo 5 weeks aint nutting to wait to have sumthin done right and get it back all pretty like.

1970 Mach 1 San Jose built Dec 23 1969. Marti 1 of 7. Purchased in 1987. Original family owner of the power train
351C 2v FMX.

1993 GT 13,000 miles, Built 2-12-93 Bought 8/3/93 Auto, 3:27 Axle, cloth, sunroof, AC. Unmolested all original car. Purchased new 8-3-93. still has the factory windshield fluid.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Your Cheerios had a rather nasty taste to them this morning did they?
they had "posi" gear oil poured on them ! ! uh oh , i'm gonna catch hell now ! !

supershifter2 < !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page