New business venture - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

New business venture

Hello, I am an accountant in Australia, I love Mustangs and the cars are very popular here in Australia. I'd welcome any business proposition you may have to enable me to supply Mustangs and Mustang Parts, here in Australia. I'm not what you'd call cashed up so I'd need to be able to sell on consignment. Please P M me if you are looking for an outlet for sales of Mustangs and parts in Australia.

Cheers

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Banned

Remember, To get the best results, always promote a product that you have tried yourself or you must be confident enough of the quality of it.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 04:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLIA View Post
Remember, To get the best results, always promote a product that you have tried yourself or you must be confident enough of the quality of it.
Wise post, I will come to America when the opportunity presents itself.

Bla bla bla, as long as you own a Stang there is one thing left in the world that has not gone wrong, suck it in and enjoy.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 08:59 PM

Not only Mustangs but other collector cars could use your services as well.

65 Fastback 2+2 Rangoon red, red interior
6 cyl, AT, A/C, P.S., P.B.

MCA# 00945

Previously owned Mustangs:
6F07C,5F07T,5F09A,6F08A,
5F07C,3F03F,1F03H,3F03H,
1F04F,3F01L,8F03Y,9F03W,
84 SVO,86 SVO
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 09:06 PM

It's a pretty saturated market already. I know of at least 4 in the "greater Brisbane" area, at least a half dozen more around Oz in all the major cities.

Biggest problem I see with most is why I generally buy from NPD in Florida. If more than a one-off, its generally cheaper to buy in the US and air freight. Even for things like exhaust systems and other large items...

Look at the current market, look into your sourcing/storage/handling costs and do a realistic assessment to see if you can compete against the US/air freight and the multiple local vendors who have already been doing it for years and have street cred with the hobby.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
- Douglas Adams

8R03S : 76A I 2A 15M 72 5 U
8R01S : 65A B 2A 28M 72 7 5 - Factory GT
8R01C : 65A M 2A 01E 72 2 W - CS/GT
8F01X : 65A I 2G 20E 24 1 U - EXP500 repli-bute

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalorzof View Post
It's a pretty saturated market already. I know of at least 4 in the "greater Brisbane" area, at least a half dozen more around Oz in all the major cities.

Biggest problem I see with most is why I generally buy from NPD in Florida. If more than a one-off, its generally cheaper to buy in the US and air freight. Even for things like exhaust systems and other large items...

Look at the current market, look into your sourcing/storage/handling costs and do a realistic assessment to see if you can compete against the US/air freight and the multiple local vendors who have already been doing it for years and have street cred with the hobby.
You are correct, there is competition. However we are talking Classic cars, like everything else it will be a case of suck it and see. I am still looking at the licensing side of things etc. I believe a good car will sell itself, If I have access to that, I will have something competition cannot provide creating the 4 P's, Product, Price, Promotion and Place, remembering the Marketing concept is that we should not try to help ourselves unless we are trying to help someone else.

If I have what a person wants they will pay a fair price to obtain it, else they will pay nothing.

Perhaps I will find a way of selling something i do not own, on consignment, my investment will consist of meeting supply with demand and in the event that has not happened I will have lost nothing.

My thoughts come from study of marketing in my Bachelor degree and selling in my experience as a salesman, in the past. I believe I will benefit from my time spent working with my brothers in my youth, in their panel beating and spray painter trades, with good administration skills gained when I became an accountant.

Bla bla bla, as long as you own a Stang there is one thing left in the world that has not gone wrong, suck it in and enjoy.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback6 View Post
Not only Mustangs but other collector cars could use your services as well.
I'm open to that opportunity, should it arise.

Thanks for your post.

paul

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page