225/60/15s - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 9Likes

post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maladezo View Post
I've been running the 225/60s in the back for a bit now, and 205/60 in the front. So far they seem like a great tire. I could get a little sideways with my stock 289 C-Code on 205/75/14 trailer tires just stabbing the gas while making a turn. Even though I know my car is pumping out 320+ rwhp now (dyno confirmed), that doesn't really happen as often with the Sportracs: they grip. I'm pretty much sold on them as the tire to go with for 65/66 with 15" wheels. Unfortunately they might not have the sizes you 67-70 and 71-73 guys want, especially in the rear.

1965 Mustang

Last edited by jdub; 07-19-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustoffMedic View Post
Hi Brent, thanks for the welcome. Your car looks great with that setup. I didn't do any lowering except for the drop -- I replaced the rear springs ( worn out ) with stock type and new KYB shocks all around. I'm hoping not to have to do too much fender rolling. The guys at Scott Drake say that the 215/60s should be fine up front. I live in N. Central PA and we have some nice twistys which I really enjoy. Last year I put on a 1" front stabilizer bar and an export brace, and with the Shelby drop it really holds on the turns. As soon as the weather gets nice I'm getting busy on the tire/wheel/disc project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
Well, your in Huskinhano country I believe which depending on how nice your car is, you could be a candidate for the Rat Pack and our occasional gatherings at autocross courses and opening day at Watkins Glen. However, we are pretty particular about which cars we let into our "club". Most Mustangs are too nice to qualify but perhaps with the right "initiation fee" we might be able to bend the rules and give out an "associate membership", we would have to run that by the board for review first but I could put in a good word if you have aspirations...

Cheers

M
I vote after the tire/wheel package is sorted out or during if help is needed help that a preliminary meet with @Huskinhano is in order to assess the level of Rat Pack Worthiness.
It would be awesome to have more vintage (Ford especially) iron show up for opening weekend at WGI and Autox daze
Huskinhano and dobrostang like this.

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page