What does everyone think of this new wheel? Inspired by Trans-Am Mustangs. - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums
 13Likes

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

We actually do offer very affordable Minilite-style wheels in both 16x7" and 16x8" that we custom drill and backspace to the customers specifications.

Check them out here:

16x7"
https://www.vtowheels.com/Classic-8-...12mm_p_95.html

16x8"
https://www.vtowheels.com/Classic-8-...0mm_p_139.html

please let us know what you guys think or if you have any comments.

Thanks again.
Garth66 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 10:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobrostang View Post
Personally, I find that any decision based on my nuts turns out bad, so yes I do think you are but I would call it an affirmation of a long held belief ;o)

+1 ^^^

Nothing looks bad on a '69/70 fastback, so I wouldn't give too much credence to the trans am wheels, I wouldn't spend a buck on them, not my thing.

I am however willing to applaud any alternatives to the ubiquitous been-there-done-that-got-a-drawer-full-o-tshirts Torque thrusts - BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING and totally lacking in imagination even if they do look good.

I would do affordable 8x16" Minilites in a heartbeat. I wish wheels weren't so frigg'n expensive. They should be like shoes; "HMMMM, I'm feel'n AR Daises (a personal fav) today, or its date-night - Magnum 500 dress shoes for a spint'n'polish look or autocross day - minilite running shoes definitely or even, its show day at the fairgrounds, think I'll run my TTDs to feed my Lemming side - so I look like EVERY-OTHER-FRIGG'n-MUSCLE-CAR-ON-THE-GRASS...

I'm working with my psychologist to be able to express an opinion, its hard for me...

Thanks for asking!

M
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTOWheels View Post
Hey Guys,

We actually do offer very affordable Minilite-style wheels in both 16x7" and 16x8" that we custom drill and backspace to the customers specifications.

Check them out here:

16x7"

16x8"

Thanks again.
@dobrostang so when you getting them

Brad
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTOWheels View Post
Hey Guys,

Check them out here:

16x7"

16x8"

Thanks again.

No just add an inch or two and Iím interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 12:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to NEFaurora
"Don’t worry about Tony, he hates everything. "

Speak for yourself Blake... I just have better taste...lol...

And "No", I don't hate everything...

I just hate things that don't look like they belong there....lol...

Like for instance, Fon an example, "Mini-Lites" look like they belong because they were actually used in '69-'71 Trans-Am Racing... I'm guessing that's kind of the look that this wheel is trying to emulate.. It's not a horrible wheel, It's just that they can do better.

I'm a big fan of Modern Wheels, as long as they look good and work well, and don't work against the looks or the mechanical ability of the car, No matter what car that they may be on...

)

Tony K.

Tony Kovar
Melbourne, FL (Formerly from Long Island, NY!)

1965 Mustang Convertible 200cid I6, 3spd Manual (Soon to be swapped for a '65 Date Coded C4!)
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Convertible 200cid I6, C4 Auto
2007 Mustang V6 Convertible w/ Pony Package
MCA#70001

Getting Ready for the 2020 Melbourne, FL MCA Nationals!
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 02:29 AM

Not a fan,just another5 spoke and there are way to many already.Check out Rota wheels RKR wheel for a modern take on minilites.Unfortunatly they don't have correct BS for early mustangs.To bad because they could sell a bunch of them.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:55 PM

To VTO Wheels, I don't care for the look of that wheel.

To those looking for Minilite look take a look at Trans Am Race Engineering. A variety of 15" and 17" sizes and BCP with good offsets and backspacing for vintage Mustangs. They also use steel lug inserts.

1969 Cougar convertible restomod
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ocious View Post
An affordable 6 spoke like this would get my attention. Thinner spokes than your sample (as some others have suggested), hides the lugs to appear pin drive. BRM "Style" reminiscent of some GT40's. Bonus points for easy to clean.
^ this speaks to me.

Im going for the TA style with my coupe, very much dont like torque thrusts which the minilites are to similar to, and would like 17's. I like a simple, updated retro style and thought I'd have to live with some 15" sheby 10 spoke type things.

68 coupe family car from the dealership til now. 96k original miles
200I6, Duraspark, MSD, Holley, Spectre, Bilstien, Moog, Tinman, Zip Ties, Bud Light.
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:28 PM

Honestly?...Meh, its not a wheel I would buy, but then there are few wheels I really like to begin with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page