Vintage Mustang Forums

Vintage Mustang Forums (https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/)
-   Wheel and Tire Forum (https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/wheel-tire-forum/)
-   -   What does everyone think of this new wheel? Inspired by Trans-Am Mustangs. (https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/wheel-tire-forum/1157682-what-does-everyone-think-new-wheel-inspired-trans-am-mustangs.html)

VTOWheels 05-21-2019 10:02 PM

What does everyone think of this new wheel? Inspired by Trans-Am Mustangs.
 
Hello everyone, VTO wheels is considering bringing in a new wheel styled after the classic Trans-Am Mustang. Thoughts?
https://www.vtowheels.com/assets/ima...el Inquiry.jpg

jgrote 05-21-2019 10:06 PM

I don't hate it, but there would need to be some way to finish off the center hub hole.

NEFaurora 05-22-2019 12:35 AM

Looks like a Bad Mini-Lite knock-off.. Kinda boring..

Not a fan..

Keep designing...

ripped 05-22-2019 01:50 AM

I'd say narrower spokes, and it kind of looks like a UK based wheel I have seen. I don't think I'd purchase a 15" wheel as there are a lot of good options already. Thanks for posting

VTOWheels 05-22-2019 09:19 AM

Thank you guys for being honest, we really appreciate the feedback. What wheels would you like to see available that aren't currently?

BlakeTX 05-22-2019 09:36 AM

Dont worry about Tony, he hates everything.

I think it looks pretty cool. Problem is, there are two timeless classics from Trans Am Racing (torq thrust/minilites) that garner the most attention. You may be on to something though for those that want something different.

Id be interested in seeing the silver/gray options.

CJM68GT390 05-22-2019 09:56 AM

While wheels are far, far down my list of upgrades, Id suggest a vintage torq-thrust style in various sizes with correct offsets for vintage Mustangs. Maybe 15x7, 16x8, 17x8. To repeat, with correct offsets.

gt350sr 05-22-2019 10:06 AM

Not gonna lie- saw the first 2 pics and thought why would I want 80's European truck wheels on my car- then saw them on the Boss and thought well...... maybe they're not so horrible..... Nope- probably wouldn't buy them, over the minilites....

Steven Ramage 05-22-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTOWheels (Post 10165134)
Thank you guys for being honest, we really appreciate the feedback. What wheels would you like to see available that aren't currently?

A 15x7 Torque Thrust with 4.25BS :roflao:

awhtx 05-22-2019 10:39 AM

I would not even begin to consider those wheels for my '65 Fastback. Maybe they were used on the '70 TransAm Boss 302s but they do not appeal to me. As others have said- either a 5 spoke TTD style or the Minilite style.

Garth66 05-22-2019 10:50 AM

Frankly, not even a fan of the originals on the Boss 302. I think the mini-lites and Torq-Thrust wheels are much more attractive. But I DO APPRECIATE your effort to bring new products to our market! Thanks for supporting our hobby! I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions for what kind of wheels they'd like to see for our Mustangs.

GypsyR 05-22-2019 02:57 PM

These wheels make me think of VW's for some reason. They seem a bit blocky and heavy looking. Not to my taste either I'm afraid.

VTOWheels 05-22-2019 06:24 PM

Thank you guys for all the input! Minilite seems to be a common response for a better looking wheel than what we showed earlier. Is there a shortage of larger sizing minilite wheels?

2nd 66 05-22-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTOWheels (Post 10164962)
Hello everyone, VTO wheels is considering bringing in a new wheel styled after the classic Trans-Am Mustang. Thoughts?
https://www.vtowheels.com/assets/ima...el Inquiry.jpg

Sex sells but that sexy boss nor the blond is selling that to me
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgrote (Post 10164968)
I don't hate it, but there would need to be some way to finish off the center hub hole.

Yep
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEFaurora (Post 10165042)
Looks like a Bad Mini-Lite knock-off.. Kinda boring..

Not a fan..

Keep designing...

Gotta go with Tony on this (rare) not a fan
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlakeTX (Post 10165140)
Don’t worry about Tony, he hates everything.

I think it looks pretty cool. Problem is, there are two timeless classics from Trans Am Racing (torq thrust/minilites) that garner the most attention. You may be on to something though for those that want something different.

I’d be interested in seeing the silver/gray options.

See above ,not feeling it
Quote:

Originally Posted by CJM68GT390 (Post 10165156)
While wheels are far, far down my list of upgrades, I’d suggest a vintage torq-thrust style in various sizes with correct offsets for vintage Mustangs. Maybe 15x7, 16x8, 17x8. To repeat, with correct offsets.

This
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Ramage (Post 10165174)
A 15x7 Torque Thrust with 4.25BS :roflao:

and this
Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyR (Post 10165378)
These wheels make me think of VW's for some reason. They seem a bit blocky and heavy looking. Not to my taste either I'm afraid.

I got a Chrysler vibe from them :shrug:
call me :loco: but I like my spokes evenly dividable by my lug nuts :|

ianellis 05-22-2019 07:36 PM

First, let me echo the thanks for thinking about new products to the market! I have been planning minilites and love the transam inspiration! I like the idea of a chunky, spiked wheel - but that image is a little too boring for me. I would love to see something with a little more detail. See image below from MMI website to see what Im talking about.

And definitely need to include larger sizes and widths! 17 and 18 for sure. Also include wider options, remember that transam style guys may very likely have flares!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...922d0cb76d.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome